Digivice Guide for Digivice D-Scanner Version 3
The D-Scanner (ディースキャナ) is the fourth in the series of Digivices. You gain more Digimon as you progress throughout the areas by actually scanning barcodes. Barcodes can either be gotten off any product around the house or from specific Digimon cards.
After certain amounts of battles, you will be allowed to scan Digimon of higher levels. There is no map, and this Digivice is essentially a ‘collect/scan them all’ type toy.
Another Digivice D-Scanner Guide :
D-Scanner Version 3
The screen will prompt you to enter your name and birth dates, once that’s done the D-Scanner will give you a rookie depending on what you entered.In the D-Scanner Version 3.0, an element will be assigned according to your birthdate.
- Training mode: You can train your active Digimon here. It can either be a Hybrid Digimon or another from your Cage. Training is how you gain DP and determines how strong your Digimon are up to 100. Battling decreases your SDP. Once it says ‘Scan’ run the D-Scanner back and forth over a barcode or your hand. A number will pop up and your Digimon will shoot 5 shots. The point total is how much your DP raises. The point structure is as follows:
Single Shot = 0 points
Double Shot = 1 point
Triple Shot = 2 points
Super Hit = 4 points
- My Cage: In this option, you have all the Digimon you captured. For this series of Digivice, the Japanese adopted the North American terms of naming Digimon. You can scroll through Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, Mega and then Hybrid Digimon. In here you can select any of the Digimon that you have scanned to be your active Digimon for training or battle and view their stats. Selecting a Digimon as active Digimon would alter the stats.
- Items: In this section, you have all the items you have received from barcodes. Like in other Digivices you can only hold 3 of each item. Items are generally used in a battle. Only some items can be used outside of battle.
- Jogress Spirit (On D-Scanner 3): In this option you can Jogress two different Spirits for different outcomes. This is the only way to get A-Hybrids, Z-Hybrids and Susanoomon (apart from using cards). Note this also takes up SDP that you gain by winning battles and some items.
- User Data: You can view your name and birthday, your current SDP (Synchronize Digimon Points), your Battle % of wins, the Number of Wins and Loses, and your Battle Ranking. The Battle Ranking info is below. (Note: The Master status requirements are unknown. It may have to do with Scanning completion, the win ratio, the Ancient Digimon or maximum battles.)
Ranking Wins Required Digimon Usable Start 0-14 Wins Needed Up to Rookie/Hybrid Rookie 15-24 Wins Needed Up to Champion Champion 25-39 Wins Needed Up to Ultimate Ultimate 40+ Wins Needed Up to Mega Master Unknown Unknown
- The Digimon Link System option lets you connect to other Digivices, the WonderSwan, and Pendulum Progresses.
- Pendulum Progress
The D-Scanners can also Jogress with the corresponding Pendulum Progress (D-Scan Ver 1 with PenProg Ver 1). You can find the Combinations on the Pendulum Progress Evolution Guides section. You do however lose the Digimon you Jogressed with on the D-Scanner and gain the higher level one.
- Sound: This lets you toggle the sound on and off.
SAVE FEATURE: Unlike previous toys, the D-Scanner automatically saves as you play. So you are able to “load” the data back if you happen to have to change batteries.
D-Scanner Version 3.0 Exceptions:
- Whereas the Version 1.0 and 2.0 have 5 of the 10 Elements for the hybrids and only 5 Ancients, the Version 3.0 only has the ‘good hybrids’ (Fire/Light/Ice/Thunder/Wind/Darkness) and all 10 Ancients. You can’t transfer the Evil Hybrids.
- The Version 3.0 incorporates Jogressing, through which you can merge your Spirits into new Hybrids, or do a Jogress scan by scanning 3 Barcodes to get an Ancient Digimon.
- On the Version 3.0 you can import Spirits from Versions 1.0/2.0 onto the 3.0. The Human and Beast Spirits of Darkness from 2.0 will change into the L and K Spirits of Darkness. You do not lose the spirits on the Versions 1.0/2.0, Version 3.0 just gains them.
Scanning plays a very important role in the D-Scanner series. Winning battles is what gains SDP needed for Jogressing and Training. You gain Digimon and items by scanning and essentially it’s the only way to collect all the Digimon. There are two main types of barcodes – the normal ones that you get on products and books, and the D-Scanner card ones. Note that you should keep the Barcode on the inside of your D-Scanner box, as it contains a useful Cure Box.
Press the side button twice and a red light will turn on the top of your D-Scanner. As the red laser shines, pass your D-Scanner over the barcode from left to right. This should be done quickly. You can scan backward (from right to left) if you choose on the off chance of getting something. On the D-Scanner Version 3.0 you have two options. The D-Scan is the normal scanning for Digimon or Items, and the J-Scan (Jogress Scan) allows you to scan 3 barcodes at once to get the Ancient Digimon. Since the Ancients are rare most of the time it will come up as a miss-match.
Barcode Scanning Events:
After scanning, one of the following should happen:
- Get Digimon: You manage to successfully scan a Barcode and get the Digimon without fighting. Sometimes you can also gain Spirits, which evolve you in the respective Hybrid Digimon.
- Get Item: An item appears on-screen. Items can be used before a battle, or to heal status.
- Battle: The screen will indicate which of the following type of Battle it is before it begins.
- Normal Battle: You see the Digimon you’ll fight against, get a chance to choose a Digimon of your own and an Item. Then, you’ll be able to scan a barcode back and forth till the timer is up, for Attack Power. If you lose, you’ll need a Cure Box to regain your health, or if you do not care too much about that Digimon you can switch to another. Cure Boxes can be found very easily. They are on the box of every version of the D-Scanner.
- Capture Battle: The same as normal Battle, however, if you win, you’ll also gain the opponent Digimon to use as your main Digimon if you wish, unless you used an Eraser item before the battle.
- Defense Battle: The same as normal Battle, however, if you lose, your Digimon will be deleted. To prevent this, you might want to use an Eraser Lock, or always have your favorite Digimon’s barcode on hand.
- Error: Your Barcode is damaged, or you didn’t scan it correctly.
- Barcode Explosion: You did a slight mistake in Scanning, however, you can try again in that same way to do a successful Scan.
- Mismatch: The Barcode scanned isn’t supported by your D-Scanner version, or your Jogress Scan was unsuccessful.
Note: Scanning a Barcode requires practice, and you may take several attempts in order to do a successful Scan. As sometimes the Barcodes are very similar and human error is a factor, an error may pop-up but the code still valid. Have patience and don’t give up.
Special Lucemon Events
When you scan a barcode, Lucemon will appear once out of every 100 scans. Lucemon appears and the battle will begin. The damage will be cumulative, and retain after every battle in the event Lucemon runs. Once you finally defeat Lucemon – Rookie, keep scanning and you will then face Lucemon Falldown Mode randomly, repeat and then face Lucemon Satan Mode. Beat all three and you will receive Lucemon – Rookie. Then repeat the cycle once more to capture Lucemon Falldown Mode and then a third time for Lucemon Satan Mode.
Susanoomon + Zero Arms: Orochi
KaiserGreymon + Ryuugonken (Dragon Spirit Sword)
MagnaGarurumon + Armor
Lucemon Falldown Mode
Lucemon Satan Mode
|Plugin V||AP 10% Up.|
|Plugin K||AP 20% Up.|
|Plugin F||HP 10% Up.|
|Plugin G||HP 20% Up.|
|Plugin H||SP 10% Up.|
|Plugin T||SP 20% Up.|
|A AP Up||The effect of V/K Plugins are cancelled when Enemy uses it.|
|A HP Up||The effect of F/G Plugins are cancelled when Enemy uses it.|
|A SP Up||The effect of H/T Plugins are cancelled when Enemy uses it.|
|Double EXE||Doubles your AP.|
|Triple EXE||Triples your AP.|
|Hyper EXE||Makes all hits Hyper Hits.|
|Power Booster||Raises AP/HP/SP.|
|Hit Lock||Reduces your opponents attacks to normal hits.|
|Gambler||Changes stats to; HP/SP = 1, and AP = 99|
|Va Modify||Changes Digimon type to Vaccine|
|Da Modify||Changes Digimon type to Data|
|Vi Modify||Changes Digimon type to Virus|
|A Change||The effect of Va/Da/Vi Modify is cancelled when Enemy uses it.|
|Eraser||Enemy Disappears on Loss|
|A Eraser||The effect of Eraser is cancelled when Enemy uses it.|
|Eraser Lock||Your Digimon doesn’t disappear if you lose by Critical Hit.|
|Protector||When you lose, your Digimon doesn’t get infected.|
|Low Worm||After each attack, your Enemy gets automatically hurt.|
|SDP Down||Your enemy’s SDP lowers by 50 after the battle.|
|Power Charger||You can charge 10 SP|
|Super Charger||You can charge 20 SP|
|Summon Cube||According to the amount of Scan-Power, you will get a different Digimon to fight with.|
|Cure Box||Heals infected Digimon and can be used outside a battle.|